And what a Bee it was! Inside and out the church was buzzing with activity and congregational bonhomie. Thanks to everyone for turning up to polish and dust, dig and prune, provide tools, a truck, lots of advice and even biscuits to go with the well deserved cuppa.
Working Bee at the church
- When: Saturday 1st December 2018 from 9.00 am
- What: A list of jobs that need to be done will be displayed before the date of the Bee.
- How: Put your name next to specific jobs if you are able to help or just turn up ready to do whatever needs doing.
- Why: Apart from tackling the many jobs that accumulate during the year, the Church’s year begins in Advent so we will start the New Year looking and feeling good.
All Souls Parish could not continue to operate without the support of volunteers. Many dedicated people help regularly (or occasionally) by keeping the church and grounds looking tidy, joining Parish Council, assisting during services, greeting visitors and handing out books, setting up the morning tea trolley for after-service fellowship etc.
As with all communities, people leave or are unable to continue in their chosen role. If you would like to know what is involved in helping to keep All Souls’ Parish alive and thriving, please contact Andy or talk with current volunteers. It doesn’t have to be a large commitment of time or effort, and is a wonderful way to get to know other Parishioners.
Some of the many ways in which you can help are:
- Lay Assistant
- Sides-persons (Greeting arrivals, handing out books, taking up collections)
- Reading the lessons at services
- Joining the morning tea roster
- Cleaning brass
- Arranging flowers
- Singing or playing music
- Helping at working bees
- Joining Parish Council
Direct Debit contributions can be made to:
Parish of All Souls St Peters:
BSB: 105 169 Account: 759 245 140
If you would like to contribute to All Souls’ Parish, on an occasional or regular basis, please download the 2019 Pledge Form (see below), complete and
- place in the collection plate OR
- post to PO Box 133, Stepney 5069 OR
- email to email@example.com.
Click to download – Pledge form 2019